River’s Bend Health Care is a recognized leader in Person-Centered Care, an initiative to make nursing facilities more homelike and provide more holistic care. In June 2013, River’s Bend was honored with a Partnership Award from the Area Agency on Aging District 7 for participating in the Person-Centered Care Project.
As part of the project, River’s Bend completed an assessment to see how our practices measured against best practices, we conducted a resident satisfaction survey, developed mission and vision statements and made changes in the facility to become more person-centered.
Every resident is important to us and we get to know them and their families while honoring their past, present and future.
Examples of Person-Centered Care include:
- New resident welcome program
- Residents choose their preferred rising and retiring times
- Residents choose their shower schedules
- Residents have input on food choices
- Snacks available 24/7
- Fresh doughnuts and pastries served daily
- Personalizing rooms is strongly encouraged
- Residents help select the activities that are offered